Window Style 101
Your window coverings can make or break the style of your space. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something vibrant to express your personality, you’re bound to uncover an idea here! Here are couple tips to fancy up your windows.
- To generate a sense of drama or to make a smaller room appear bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to show off your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a quirky print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that covers your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a shade too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love changing things up for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try switching out the curtains in your main living space. You can go as festive as you want to!
- If you’re having issues finding the ideal pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to regular window curtains. Try checking out tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and stylish look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You could use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you found on vacation.