Winter weather is just around the corner in Boise and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often get higher. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Boise winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Boise team a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before the colder temperatures hit Boise.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Boise a call at 208-373-0002 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.