Looking for New Windows in Your Boise, ID Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When purchasing windows for your remodeling or new construction project, you naturally want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. As you make this important decision, consider these facts:
- Windows can dramatically change the interior and exterior look and feel of your Boise area home.
- The type of windows you select can make a positive difference in your home’s comfort level and energy costs.
- The material and durability of your windows can have a positive cost impact on the long-term value of your Boise area residence if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to research the style and function selections available, you will be pleased with your purchase and love the pleasure of viewing the outside world through your new windows for many years.
What factors should you consider when purchasing replacement windows for your Boise home?
- How will my new windows look? Consider the fact that you are going to see your replacement windows most often from the interior of your house, not standing outside of it. Stand inside and study the view carefully; is the color, style and type of window suitable with your home’s current style? Is the window accessible for regular cleaning? How does the sunlight appear during the morning and afternoon? And don’t neglect to stand outside from several different viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering fits with the overall façade of your Boise home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Learn the data relating to your windows that influence their energy efficiency. Among the issues to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values grade the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Compare efficiency ratings as you conduct your research to help lower heating and cooling spending and maximize your investment.
- Will your new windows operate as you expect them to? Just like purchasing a new automobile, it is important to try out the functionally of any window before you buy it. Is it easy to open and close the window? How much effort does it take to clean the window? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, be certain it opens easily and provides an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? The installation of your windows is either added into the overall purchase price or requires an outside contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- Is it easy to clean and maintain your new windows? The weather in the Boise area changes often. Outdoor elements such as wind, rain and snow can impact the appearance of your windows. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles for an easier way of keeping your windows clean and looking great for years.
- What is available in terms of color and hardware options? Color selection reflects your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Boise home. Some window producers offer limited exterior color to pick from. Determine what color schemes are in place for the windows you may purchase. Also, that latches and handles complement the style of your home and coordinate with other hardware options in your home, such as faucets, door knobs, hinges, and cabinetry.
- What is the price? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The least expensive windows may not be your best buy. A quality window will be energy efficient and offer years of beauty and performance.
We invite you to visit Pella at the Boise area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 208-373-0002.