Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Think about a smart floor plan for your new kitchen. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your house. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for years to come.
- Forget to consider the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 208-373-0002, visit our Boise showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.