Fall is just around the corner in Boise, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the perfect time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Boise a call at 208-373-0002 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!