Getting the Most Bang for your Buck with your Replacement Windows
Investing in your house is important, and when it comes time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to make sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to look at the style, material and design of a window, but to understand your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you could see your heating and cooling costs reduced. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 each year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows might return 73 percent of the project amount when you sell your house. If you are thinking of selling your home in the next several years, your first step might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for a lot of ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to browse through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and discover the best deals in Boise.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has increased, new glass panes can now help lower fading of your furniture and fabrics from the sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements could be eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To find additional information about the specifics of green-energy tax credits for the Boise area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the initial costs can be daunting. Replacement windows are a good way to spruce up your space before the fall hits, while also saving some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Find out more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our experts a call at 208-373-0002 or scheduling an appointment with us online.